Couple of comments on constructors etc.

Oct 20, 2009 at 10:10 PM

Hi,

Well done, I found your project very helpful in creating more robust WCF clients. Thank you. I've a couple of comments on the generated code though, I generated a ExceptionHandlingDuplexProxyBase but I beleive this applies equally to the ExceptionHandlingProxyBase

1. A default constructor is generated, I think it should be omitted as it appears to create an unitialised object (same for the generated {ServiceName}DuplexProxy<C> class)?

2. There is no constructor which only accepts a callback object unlike the MS generated proxies, I believe the following works (again same for generated {ServiceName}DuplexProxy<C>)

public ExceptionHandlingDuplexProxyBase(C callbackObject)
{
    Initialize(callbackObject, "*");
}

3. In {ServiceName}DuplexProxy<C>, the InnerChannel_Closed event handler calls OnClosed() which in turn recreates the channel. So it appears that if the client calls ICommuncationObject.Close() then the channel gets recreated?  Is this by design - I personally think it should only recreate the channel if it's faulted (or closed at the remote end) but that might have side effects you're aware of and I'm not?

Regards

Dave