Source?

Jun 26, 2009 at 2:55 AM

Where is the source for this add-in?  Or at a minimum, is there sample source code for what the proxy wrappers look like?

We are not using Service References in our project, but I'd be very interested to see how you wrap the proxies because we've been meaning to implement something like this in a project I'm working on.

Thanks.

Coordinator
Jun 27, 2009 at 11:36 PM

I have updated the proxy generator MSI, to fix some bugs I noticed, and also uploaded a sample that uses the end result...that is your source. The base type ExceptionHandlingProxyBase<T> and the derived type shows you what YOU create. My suggestion is that you do an Add Service Reference and then just copy the ExceptionHandlingProxy that is generated, and point it at your shared service contracts.

Jul 1, 2009 at 3:02 AM

I agree with Jeremy, where's the source?  I really appreciate that this project is here, but CodePlex is about Open Source code, which means the code to implement this should really be here, in case we would like to tweak it to meet our own needs (as Jeremy mentioned that he'd like to be able to do).

Thanks,

Don Demsak

Coordinator
Jul 1, 2009 at 6:48 PM

Sure, I have no problem sharing the source, already posted! I suppose I wanted to get it to "a point" before sharing but please enjoy in the meantime!

Jul 1, 2009 at 11:42 PM

Thanks Michelle!

Now let's see if I can help out some way.

Don

Coordinator
Jul 2, 2009 at 3:40 AM

I just updated the add-in source with a few changes, get the latest!

Trying to update the MSI as well, but CodePlex won’t let me update that file for some reason, getting support.

Sent: Wednesday, July 01, 2009 4:43 PM
To: mlb@dasblonde.net
Subject: Re: Source? [wcfproxygenerator:60727]

Thanks Michelle!

Now let's see if I can help out some way.

Don

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (wcfproxygenerator@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email wcfproxygenerator@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 8.5.375 / Virus Database: 270.13.1/2212 - Release Date: 07/01/09 05:53:00

Jul 2, 2009 at 5:26 PM

Thanks Michelle.  When you say you updated the source, is that in the files you've posted to the Downloads area? (assuming yes).

In my current project we are working in VB so that is why I needed the source. 

A nice bonus would be the source being checked into the source area of CodePlex, but maybe that's more for folks who want to use CodePlex as a project portal and not so much for folks sharing source code who might have their own VCS.

Thanks again.

Jeremy

Coordinator
Jul 2, 2009 at 5:54 PM

Yes, to the downloads area. I am not using CodePlex for source control.

Jul 2, 2009 at 6:10 PM

IMHO CodePlex source control via SVN and the SVN bridge works pretty well.  Better than having to use the Team Explorer (in most cases).

At least that is how I host my projects on CodePlex.

Coordinator
Jul 2, 2009 at 6:35 PM

Maybe I’ll find a free day sometime to educate myself on the CodePlex source control process, not a priority at the moment, you know how it goes, the littlest things take the longest time J

Sep 17, 2009 at 8:30 AM

Maybe I'm not looking good enough, but where can I find the source code for the actual code generator addin?

I would love to contribute to the source code of this (e.g., use of Action<> instead of Invoke()), but I cannot find the source code for it.

Coordinator
Sep 23, 2009 at 12:41 PM

The proxy source is what you generate, the add-in source is in a separate release. Just check the two releases. Inside the add-in project is a text file with the proxy source.

Sep 23, 2009 at 12:55 PM

Thanks. I found it now.