Any chance there's a VS2010 version of this generator?

May 18, 2011 at 4:23 PM
Edited May 18, 2011 at 8:09 PM

Is there any chance that someone has already gone through the "brain damage" and can supply the setup and/or the source for the VS2010 conversion?

I've gotten as far as fixing the code so that it will compile along with the setup project.  I changed the .reg files to point to the 10.0 keys.  The setup seemed to run fine.  I changed the default to go to the new proxy generator (and double checked in the registry that it did so) but when creating a new service reference it just uses the old/default version.  Strange.  If I manually update the custom tool for the .map file and try to run the custom tool, it returns an error stating that it could find the Exception Handling WCF Proxy Generator.

What am I missing?

Thanks for any help in advance.

May 24, 2011 at 12:01 PM

Hi, after kicking around , found out how to convert it to VS 2010 , and it works perfectly.
you can download the source and the installation instruction here.

May 24, 2011 at 1:26 PM

Thank you!  I'll have to definitely check this out.  I got relatively close when I tried, but after it appeared that I installed the add-in correctly, I couldn't get it to work.  And, to make matters worse, I eventually pooched by Visual 2010 installation so that the regular proxy generator didn't work any more.  Reinstall!  Argh!

Aug 9, 2011 at 7:33 PM
Edited Aug 12, 2011 at 11:43 PM

I have also added a version... nothing against EhsanErshadi, but I couldn't get it to work.  So, if anybody else encounters that, please try my updated version, 10142, in the patches section (http://wcfproxygenerator.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/patches).

Thanks to "bgoldstein14", I failed to mention that my installation will not set this proxy generator as the default.  After installing, you need to go to the installation folder and run "SetDefaultWCFProxyGeneratorAsDefaulit_x64.reg" file.  It will set this generator to be the default.

Aug 10, 2011 at 6:44 PM

Very cool!  I'm glad that some attention is being paid to this.  My attempted efforts resulted in pooching my 2010 installs!

Oct 25, 2011 at 2:10 PM

Found Your patch today mrthomas33.

Cool!

Thank You!