Proxy Generation

Mar 12, 2010 at 10:54 AM

Hi, first of all thanks for a great tool! I'm having a few problems with it however. Essentially on "Add Service Reference", it doesn't utilize the original service contract. Instead it generates one where in the properties of the message contracts for an operation become parameters to the method generated. While that's fine, it doesn't, as the original VS one does, generate overloads that take the message contracts themselves.

For instance, with an operation as below:

[OperationContract]

GetOrderResponse GetOrder(GetOrderRequest request);

with GetOrderRequest having a property "OrderId" of type int and GetOrderResponse having a property "Order" of type Order and another property "Client" of type Client,

it would generate something like the following:

[OperationContract]

Order GetOrder(int orderId, out Client client)

The generated proxy class inheriting from ExceptionHandlingProxyBase<T> would then not compile because while it implements the GetOrder method, it does not include the "out" keywords on the parameters. Is there any way to get around this?

Coordinator
Mar 13, 2010 at 4:58 PM

YOu are right, I didn't test with a message contract equivalent contract. I'm completely swamped so I don't have time to do this for you at the moment, but you can get the source here on codeplex and modify the code if you like!!